Monday, March 28, 2005

N Dey Say TIme Flies... Yeah Right More Like Disappear!

March Holidays just came and go... POOF... Suddently it's Term Two Week One DAY ONE!! And this term is gonna be super looooooong especially March and April cause No PUBLIC HOLIDAY AT ALL!!!

Here's to summarize what I did during the one week pathetic holidays:

1. Parents visit to Singapore!
Yup they came again! this time I self elected myself as their tour guide, bringing them to famous hawker places and introducing them to famous food (though Malaysia's hawker still the best but what else is ther to offer in Singapore then?) Took them to Old Airport Road Hawker for famous Hougang Wanton Mee, Bedok Interchange Hawker, Bugis Junction for some higher class food, and not forgetting Jack's Place (TGIF equivalent but at a much more affordable price). They were kind enough to allow me to drive throughout their stay! Haha... beat that Mr Foo (my chem tutor who is in his late 30s but still learning how to drive).

2. Chem SPA Skill BD Assessment
Equivalent to You Malaysian's punya A Level Practical Assessment, pretty much screwed it up. It was an organic synthesis experiment, and the predicted yield (how much product you would get according to the chemical stoichiometry and its equation) was bout 70%... but mine turned out 0.3%!!!! WTF? I had to reach at least 3%, so I did the most desperate thing ever, i started scraping whatever i see on the table (that was same colour as the product la that is) and took some reagents (which was the same colour as the product too thank god) to make it to 4%!

3. Laksa and Nasi Lemak at Shanta's
Thanks Shanta and Mum for the lovely home cooked meal! And yes aunty I never had homecooked meal in ages! Wahlau eh her house was so damn far away from hostel. Got scolded by her for being late. sorry Shanta not my fault didn't know the exact distance and how long the journey would take wat! :P But now that I know how to go to her house and how to get to Changi... shoudn't be a problerm already! Yeah! was held twice, one night on Laksa and the other on Nasi Lemak. Fanstantic cooking can't seem to stop myself from praising... Hey organise more of this yea Shanta!

4. Dance Practises
Yeap SYF is coming, have to train more...

5. Training for E-File Volunteering
Sze May and I went to Novena's Revenue House, where the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore was located to be trained to be volunteers for tax e-filing. You see, Singapore is trying to go paperless and require their taxpayers to submit their claims and declarations via the net, assuming a community of 100% IT literacy. So I am here to help out those who know nuts about IT and filing their taxes!! Basically I'm doing this for the CIP (Community Involvement Program - another A Level Requirement In Singapore) points that I am currently lack of...

No comments: