Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rantings

My biological clock is fucking screwed.

Ever since I came to Singapore, I became a 24/7. I can be jogging as early as 2.00 am, having supper at 3.00 am, doing my work at the benches outside the uni library at 4 am, and watching podcasts at 6.00 am! All this and I have a 8 am lecture the next day!

I don't remember ever getting up from bed feeling 'Ahh that was a good sleep, I feel so awake'. Instead, all that is in my head is:

'CCBKNS-stupid-clock-don't-wanna-go-lecture-but-fuck-want-my-5.0cap-TNS'

Britts say I'm superpower. So active everywhere. Now that I think about it, yeah I am actually
.CRAZY.

Course: Pharmacy
University: National University of Singapore
Name of Hostel: Kampung Sheares
Commitments Involved: Radiopulze (Radio NUS), NUS Pharmaceutical Society, Sheares Production (Sets), Photography Committee, Archives Committee, Sheares Hall Amateur Radio, Sheares Exposure Camp Committee, Sheares Rag Engineer...

I don't know what I am trying to say in this entry, but I'll just write whatever I want

The consequence of having late night sleeps/no sleep at all nights has reached to the point where my health is not right.

Last week, I decided to sleep at 12.00 am, wake up at 7.00 am, have a proper 3 meal per day routine, and go running every alternate day.

That worked for three nights. Because at the forth night, I had a test the next day and I couldn't sleep without doing my usual last minute flippings. And on the fifth night I was so fucking hungry I begged jon to follow me to Prata/Mamak. And on the sixth night Chun Leen stayed over = we had Prata/Mamak, alcohol@tiang's and catching up (bitching and rantings with majority coming from one party).

And I was so determined to study@orchard in the morning till evening with Jon.

Oh yes we left for orchard at 9 after a 3-hour-sleep

I came back in the evening feeling so fucking sick. My nose couldn't stop running, I kept sneezing, my dead body activated by two dose of caffeine...

So I slept at 8 pm on a beautiful, cooling Saturday night, after consuming the flu pill.

*GREAT! 12 hours sleep wake up@8 the next day, then everything will be alright.*
It's now 12.18 am. I woke up at 11.30 pm. I slept for only 3 and a half hours. I feel fucking awake.

And it's a saturday night, and my floor is empty on weekends, and it's a damn cold night, and I'm sick, and I'm hungry, and I'm lonely. I suddenly feel:
LOST

I was reading Kailin's blog a few minutes ago, of what happened to her during her college years in Singapore and how our dear friend is down.

I have a confession to make:
I cried during my JC years as well. I cried in front of my tutor saying I cannot make it. I cried by myself by the river after jogging because I thought everything was so not worth the effort, because I always don't get what I expected. I cried the first time I came home to Malaysia, and cried again when I left for Singapore. I cried in front of my mother.

But I am still in Singapore. Friends always ask me about Singapore, and I always contradict myself: I tell them I hate the way of life here, the people in general... everything (no offense to my close Singaporean friends), but after that I tell them my desire to study in NUS and how I love walking in the street at night. I guess what I was trying to say is life has its ups and downs. And Singapore is, hopefully, just a platform for me before I become something somewhere in the future (I don't mind Malaysia... how about the SJER =p). Besides, the government gave us scholarships in JC and accepted us in NUS/NTU/SMU. You might not know what they have in store for us (probably planned out our future in Singapore: when we will become a PR, when we will make it big, when will we marry). The government has faith in us, but we must have faith in ourselves first!

On a lighter noe, I believe my beloved country's government also has faith in us, just that they lack the technology and expertise to 'meramalkan' the future that is us.

I still don't know what I'm talking about.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In fact, I kinda regret of coming to NUS. to singapore.

IF I were to stay back in Msia to do my degree, I might have a chance to further my studies overseas right after graduate. Things might not be the same for u, since you are a scholar. correct me if i am wrong. Do you need to work here for at least 3 years after graduate?

Now I am stucked here, not wanting to start my working life, want to further my studies but FUCK I CANT! unless I have 50k to put as deposit but still I have to come back to serve Singapore no matter what.

My singaporean friends could take a few mths break after graduate to goyang kaki at home. But I cant! I have to look for a job right away graduate.to pay back those loans that I took.

I miss being in Malaysia. being a Malaysian. Of course I am still a Msian. But everything seem different. Just different.

I hate the life here. Like seriously.

Sham Radio said...

Hey... everyone regrets coming to NUS. And I bet you might say the same if you were in another private/public uni in Malaysia.

Yeah I am a scholar, and yeah I need to do my 3 years here.

Look on the bright side too, we're foreign talents, you're highly sort after here =p

Everything is different once you're out of the country. I speak with hokkien rojaks now, no more canto and malay rojaks... I'm trying to control myself.

Anyway good luck for your finals girl!

Anonymous said...

Yeah what else we can do other than looking at the brighter side..

m not a pessimistic person.. but i m looking fwd to what singapore can offer us..

hokkien rojaks? hmm i dont know about dialects..i dont speak them haha..

well..one thing different is i speak better english..but i kind of forget how to speak in malay..Shit..

good luck for your finals too. boy! haha..

Anonymous said...

Interesting~~~~I am just sucking at my USP(you know what it is right?) essay on the homosexual identity in Singapore and I googled your last blog, and found u r also in NUS, haha, what a small world.. :) But I am not in pharmacy lah i am in Bioengineering and I live Raffles instead of Sheares.

But the supper in Sheares is really nice, plus , Uncle Lim (thk u know him rihgt?) is actually the caterer for Raffles Hall's breakfast and dinner

Ahya, just like what u said, everyone will complain about their uni life, wherever u r. I 've been changing my MSN title cursing all the USP essays and 5 other modules (which I haven't started revision yet) But life still goes on right? So, just admit it, and aza aza fighting : )

Hee, hee, should really stop typing comments, my essay due tmr, and i still haven't figured out the government's intention of the retention of 377A since I have to link it to S'pore's economy

Will save ur blog address, probably drop by sometimes, after I finish all my fucking exaaaaaams

hahaha, c ya ard

Sham Radio said...

Hey GenieLi!

Haha that article wasn't mine, i just copied it because i felt that the penal cold is 'not-right' but thanks for dropping by!

My blog ain't as active as before coz of obvious reasons. And why doesn't Uncle Vinc have it @ raffles too then? At least it'll help alleviate the situation there (no offense =p)

Bioengin huh? What year? We do anatomy and physiology together right?

K good luck in your exams!

DJCK