Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Underdawg Get Nowhere


All For Her Haih Posted by Hello

Holidays are pretty boring; I end up watching (and hooked on) shows like

Eye for a Guy 2

But which testosterone-filled guy can resist the temptation of watching Dennis Keller flaunting her superbly beautiful body every Wednesday on Channel 5?

Well I only watched the show thrice: the premiere, and the last two episodes.

What is she suppose to do in the reality show? Well to make it short and simple, eliminate a guy every week and end up with the man of her choice to follow her to Europe for a romantic trip. Hopefully things can continue developing after the show.

Of course (in my world of fantasy and denialism), I am the rightful winner to follow her to Europe. But I was rather disappointed when Denise Keller joined the show. Why are you undermining yourself? You are a beautiful (sexy is the better word), charming and smart lady who can earn enough by just being a model and a MTV VJ! Aren’t there any other shows that you can be host rather than THIS? Well she did admit that she took this show as a ‘whatever’ thing but you know how things go when you play around with feelings and get personal with the competitors…

And the fact that she chose Wolfgang, an ang moh over Howard, a Chinese American! I personally don’t think she is an SPG, but did you wake up on the wrong side of bed or something? In the second last episode, Denise went out for a date with Howard and Wolfgang on two whole separate days. From what I see Denise seemed to enjoy her date with Howard more than Wolfgang (the first kiss from Howard was hilarious too compared to Wolfgang - a cringe-worthy shy kiss with a nose bump, and that hot kiss escalating to closed eyes and tongue action… this discussion is getting a bit gayish for me so I will end here).


I think the pictures are copyright... please don't sue me Mediacorp! Posted by Hello

Howard got the best first impression by Denise in the premiere. He made her laugh (and apparently she likes people who make her laugh).

WELL WHAT ELSE IS THERE? WHY NOT HOWARD?

Ok, let’s do some cost benefit analysis shall we

Wolfgang
German – most probably has that European mystic going on
Took her golfing during her last date – some sign of class and sophistication
Perfect GP answers – seem to have idealistic answers when Denise questions (which I think is what a woman wants to hear… an affirmative man!)
Good kisser – again this is making me feel gay…
Hmm what else? Oh yeah Ang Moh…

Howard
American Chinese – well a bit of ang moh for you
Took her to Genting Highland during her last date – he chooses fun over class
Subtle when answering – maybe that’s a turn off, but he cracks funny jokes!
Not so good kisser – eh come on give him a break, an underdog attempting to kiss a hot girl! That’s a rare occasion… FOR A CHINESE!!



Ok so it seems like the CBA is in favour for Wolfgang… BUT

Actually you know why I am so pissed? Cause I think I am a Howard. I rather be jovial, funny and entertaining my date than bringing her to some classy restaurant and buying her expensive stuffs on our first date (sorry Jo honey if that’s what you want!). When I see Howard and Denise talking and laughing together… I see myself…

I give err and erms when people ask me questions and I love cracking jokes and be laughed at for the jokes I cracked once in awhile. Not forgetting that I’m not a good kisser (as far as I think…)!

So why did she choose Wolfgang? Well I suppose materialism comes first after the intangibles.

It could be that I see myself as an underdog as well. In class or among my friends, I think I voice out the least, or even talk for that matter. When I got elected as Leo President back in secondary school, I thought that it was just pure luck and the club wouldn’t be as happening as it will be cause an underdog like me was administering it (though honestly the club was almost going down the drain already). But according to my Big Five Profile, I’m a mixture of following and leading. But that sounds crude to me cause I always find myself following other people without thinking by myself. In fact, there are times when I thought already, but just shut my mouth. Perhaps it is peer pressure pulling me with them, or the fact that no one listens to me…

So when I see an underdog achieving in life (ok getting into the finals for Eye for a Guy is not that ‘life’ but you know what I mean), it breaks my heart to see him failing to get the girl. I’m lucky enough to have a girl! Maybe she is just too good for him, too high class for him… but hey we’re just people you know.
Well there you have it, another disappointing reality show by Singapore. Congratulations you have made me feel even more depressed when entertainment is the source of satisfaction and enlightenment.

And once again...


All For Her Haih Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. i want to see the show too! sounds nice.:)


and com'n, you know I'm all for fun! :D

and it's good you're blogging more. ehehhee. no longer stuck at the same entry for over a month.