Monday, August 29, 2005

Today is the last week of Term Three…

It’s a Monday

Two weeks to Prelims/Trials

FUCK I’m so dead.


I just found out that She Ai Ling and Boon Chia Weng are studying in Singapore – Ai Ling in NUS and Boon in NTU. Both were from Subang Utama, and both were from Lick Hung.

(To non-Subang Jaya residents: Subang Utama is a secondary school I used to attend in my town Subang Jaya while Lick Hung is a primary school I attended.)

I found out about Ai Ling when she sent me an email asking me about some camp in Temasek Hall (A hostel block in NUS). I was surprised that she sent me an email about it. So I message Ying Qian (fellow Subang Utama mate in Anderson JC):

‘Hey you remember Ai Ling? Is she studying in NUS or what?’

She replied:

‘Yup! Just got in, and Boon too. He’s in NTU doing engineering I think. And we’re still in JC… haha…’

You got that right Ying Qian.

All this is adding stress to me. It’s amazing how they can get in this year! It means that we will be one year behind them if we do get into NUS or NTU or SMU! And whether I (Ying Qian and Ruo Lin you both sure can get in la) can get into one of these universities or not is another question!

Oh Ruo Lin is another Subang Utama mate in National JC now.

As far as I can recall Boon did his A Levels in Taylors’ College, so my question is: What is the difference between an A Levels cert from my town and an A Levels cert from Singapore? I can still apply for NUS, NTU and SMU right?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for them getting in, in fact I can’t wait to bump into them!

But as Robert Frost said:

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference”

Did I choose the right road?

No comments: