Sunday, February 19, 2006

KL Towerthon 2006

"Wah still can go clubbing on Thursday ah! Smart ah!"

Nadine was commenting on our Thursday Zouk outing when I told her about my plan today. You see, I was going to climb:

MENARA KUALA LUMPUR! OR KUALA LUMPUR TOWER!

The worst part was I have not been training for it. And it's twice the height of Temasek Towers, the tower I climbed last year in Singapore!


The magnificent KL at sunrise! Oh my god I'm not prepared for this!

We reached Bukit Nanas (Pineapple Hill hehe) at about 7.10 am. I was in category A and we were suppose to report by 7.30 am as the race would start at 8.00 am (sharp?). The two indian emcees were DAMN ANNOYING! They kept nagging at those people who were walking slowly, or asking them the same questions like 'What time does it start' etc. I admit it was hard to control such a big crowd but seriously, don't have to NAAAAAAAAAAG so much right? Like an aunty only hehe... So after managing to get all the Category A peeps at the starting line, he tak puas hati some more. He went calling all the numbers from A001 to A170! There were some who wasn't in this category hanging around there talking to their peers, and he shoooooed them out! Using a mic! Jesus...


Finally! The race began!

The staircase was DAMN narrow and cemented! It was torture! For every floor requires four times the normal stairs for a floor! When I reached the 12th Floor I stopped for awhile, feeling very fatigue, and again in 16th Floor and I think 21st (The 21st had nothing, but you can see four storeys down, which made me nauseous!). The staircase was humid but airy, what with all the sweat!
nt
But like Temasek Towers, when I finally reached the top, the view was breathtaking! It was worth the climb! A free tick up KL Tower Man! I could see as far as Shah Alam and the Titiwangsa Range (oh and Genting!). I also realised then that KL is surrounded by hills and mountains! No wonder they it is a Klang Valley!

Finally, after admiring the view, I got down. Oh while climbing up and coming down, there were many cameramen taking pictures and videos. I always gave them my signature PEACE ehehe...


Dad took this for me... No good job on the camwhoring part here...


Whoa! I climbed that? No kidding!


Menara KL: WOW Mesti Pergi!


Eh they have that reversed bungee jump thingie also! I saw this somewhere in Clarke Quay/Boat Quay at Singapore! We have to go guys!


The Petronas Twin Towers! KL Tower is actually taller than Petronas as it is situated on the hill!


Eh Menara Maybank! 'My turn my turn!' yelled mum... Mum's turn to camwhore.


The Milo Van giving away EXTRA SWEET Milo... Urgh


Saw the veterans while coming down.. YOU GO OLD MAN!

Alright since Dad didn't satisfy my camwhoring urges... TADA!





No comments: