Tuesday, February 14, 2006

When I first got my letter of acceptance:

"Yippie I got in!" dances around naked in my room.

The next day the letter was left in my cupboard.

The eve of first day of uni (12 February):

"If payment is not made before 27 January, your place will be automatically given up.

SHIT!

Mum and I went earlier in the morning on 13 Feb to enquire about my place since I didn't pay the bill. Mum was not supposed to be there until later in the afternoon for the White Coat Ceremony, but I needed her then to support my "Oh we were in Zimbabwe visiting our indegenous relatives during Chinese New Year" lie.

Luckily enough, they let me in after all the nagging from the dean of admission


Uni started! Posted by Picasa

So nice of them to welcome us! My FOOT! Pay you so much just give us such a banner? Where's the red carpet and kompangs and lion dances?

After settling the admin stuff, us new students went for a white coat rehearsal. This is like an 'induction/installation' kind of event where the juniors go up on stage and the seniors where the lab coats for us juniors. So classy and profesional!

Dad was there too representing the Malaysian Phamaceutical Society. To avoid any misunderstandings of family biasness in the future, I did not attend the booth nor talked to him. Mum did though, almost blew my cover.

It was worst when the dean and some lecturers know me because of my parents! My interviewers, who so happen to know my dad too, saw me while at the white coat rehearsal. He said hi loudly to me and said that he saw my mum outside... in front of everyone!

NOOOOOO

It's not that I'm embarassed to be with them, hell I'm cool! But cause dad is an active pharmacist and everyone here seems to know him, better not put family and politics in you know?

There were so many JPA and MARA Scholars as well! They came in one group, talking to each other. I who doesn't know anyone, felt a bit left out at first as I was wondering how in the world would they know each other on the first day?

The White Coat Ceremony was in the afternoon. Mum and Dad came to see, though they sat seperately (don't need me to explain anymore!). The seniors are supposed to put on our lab coats for us, after that we button it on stage. So some gave the seniors buttoned lab coats, while some put the buttons in the wrong holes, mum said it was damn obvious but what to do.

Met a few new friends already, hopefully things will continue to improve by the day?

(continued today)

Today was a FUCKING BORING DAY! Came to school in the morning at 9 for a briefing by the Dean of Pharmacy. He was telling us not to lie/play tricks on him as he knows our tactics. I don't think so! It's more of the students' stupid responses that caught them on the spot!

Example: This guy did not turn up for a test because he was locked from his hostel while he's housemates went for the test. Mr Tiger Dean asked how long has he stayed there and he doesn't have a key all that while. He said 13 months and yes.

STUPID STUDENT! If it was me, I would first start off like this:

Me: Sir I'm soooo sorry that I did not take the test today. You see, I lost my keys yesterday night and I forgot to tell my housemates. So happened that when I came home I bumped into them, so it kind of crossed my mind. Today I was the last one to leave the house and then only I remembered that I lost my keys last night! Made worst when my housemates went off to uni already! I tried calling them but they were uncontactable! So that's why sir. I am soooo sorry!

Would you believe? LOL

Anyway the briefing ended at 10.20 am. The next program would be meeting with your tutor, scheduled at FUCKING 1.30 pm! How in the hell! My new found friends headed for the library to kill time. We read a bit of newspapers, browsed through the references shelf, and then got bored. I tried reading medical journals but couldn't understand the jargans. I almost dozed off and drooled on them! Haha...

Went for lunch at the uni canteen that served economy rice ala cina and melayu. Killed time by talking there.

What an unproductive day...

oh and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE ESPECIALLY MY DEAR JOLENE!

No comments: