Friday, March 10, 2006

Appease the Rain God!

While I am writing this, the condition in Subang Jaya is calm and back to normal. The current weather is cooling and a bit humid.

WEATHER ALERT: HAILSTORM IN SUBANG JAYA AREA. STRONG WINDS AND HEAVY RAIN FOR TWO HOURS PLUS.

So after having lunch with Gaya at Subang Parade, we had to fetch his brother from Taylors. Since she said she was a bit tired, I offered to drive her kicimai Kelisa! Hehe the car was soooooooooo bloody light and small! Just turn the steering wheel a bit and the car turns!

Her brother was there already when we reached Taylors. Once he got in the car, the sky turned dark, and you could hear thunder from a distance. Within seconds, a few droplets started falling on the windscreen, and you could see students rushing back to their hostel/homes! Damn drama but damn serious wei!

Soon the rain started pouring more heavily. Gaya insisted that I turned on the viper at intermediate speed. I offered to on the light LOL. She was freaking out cause I said I could drive without the vipers... for now!

Passing through Carrefour, we could see the trees ahead were dancing and waving like they were high on drugs or something. You could see the rain being blown by the strong winds as well!

When all of sudden...

PLAT!!!!

SHIT!!!!

The wind was blowing towards the windscreen's direction!

SHIT!!!! We seriously COULDN'T SEE NUTS!
All of us started freaking out! I slowed down to 20km/h... 20 freaking KM/H! I followed everyone by turning on the headlights. The roads became a shallow stream and you vaguely see water being splashed by cars driving over it. Tree branches started falling down on the roads as well. One entire tree fell and broke the cable in SS17... in front of our eyes too I think!

When we FINALLY REACHED SS19, I couldn't get back to our place using the normal road as the normal path we used, which was hilly and slopy, became a waterfall or some sort!

That was when Sesha (Gaya's bro) commented as well:

"OH MY GOD! ICE!"

Holy freaking cow! There were rocks of ice falling on the windscreen! Gaya freaked out at first, and then:

"Oh my god I wanna touch it!"

Like how her aunty said it: "GILA!"

We shelthered at Gaya's place for awhile.

When the rain stopped, we called Nadine to tell her how Subang Jaya became a playground for Gods. And she went:

"Fuck off, you're kidding with me? Cyberjaya was so fucking hot!"

Later when we met up, she said "Yeah what to do, Cyberjaya like in the middle of nowhere!"




The aftermath in SS19. The roads were so dry and the sun was blazing hot. As though nothing happened like that!


Look at that fern tree like tree!? Hehe so cute

Later I heard from some of my friends that Subang Utama (our former high school)'s roof were blown away, a student was electrocuted etc.. oh my goodness...

What did we Subang Jaya people do that caused the wrath of the rain Gods?! MPSJ better get rid of the mess by tomorrow or else the place will be in a havoc!

No comments: