Sunday, May 28, 2006

Spending the weekend over in Kota Kinabalu has made me think of alot of things, partly because I have nothing to do, the sun is actually one hour ahead of us, which pisses me off because she rises at 5.30 plus in the morning, and that physiology is the only book i brought to read -_-"

'You are trading something good for something not so good' says Professor Yeoh Peng Nam, NUS Pharmacy graduate, active pharmacist in the academican scene (UM, USM, NUS etc), conferred Professor because she 'sudah tua dah boleh-lah' by the UM racists, and now spending her last few years in IMU teaching physiology.

I always knew that Pharmacy was a better option as compared to Biological Science and well, Food Science and Tech, so you don't have to keep on lecturing me on the opportunity cost I am gonna pay when I decide to transfer to Singapore to further my studies.

I guess it all comes down to the fact that I'm tired of studying.. Hell I spent one and a half years doing JC education, and the only time where I really get to allow my brains to rot was during NS, which lasted for only 3 months. From primary to secondary to JC, my life has always been... with short breaks in between of course... study study study. Of course there are friends (and girlfriend) by your side, but there has never been a time where I can tell myself: Ok I'm taking a break from this studying shit.

IMU ruined my mugging rhythm. SIT was a huge mistake, thank god for NS and ASEAN. Many of my friends would realise that even though I was in IMU, I had alot of free time... Well the free time is actually declared by yours truly. I actually had alot of things to do in IMU, but they are all last minute. And anything last minute in a Malaysian private institution, well for IMU at the least, is possible, and feasible. Who would've thought studying for Foundation Chemistry on a sunny Sunday in the car would only give me one mistake for the test the next day?

The room overlooks the airport. And everytime a plane takes off, I will start to ber-emo on how the freedom which I 'didn't have'. My dad claims that I have too much freedom. Well if you say that I get to come back late nights and to use the car whenever I want to is the freedom he's referring to, then I have took my freedom for granted. But what I am referring to is the 8 months of freedom to choose, the choice of either working or slacking at home, in Singapore, in Sungai Petani... I wasn't able to decide.

WHO ASKED YOU TO CONFORM AND SHUT UP?

Well, coz I thought NUS would come to me, like how ASEAN came. Back in secondary school, I wasn't geared for SIT as well. I wanted to get the hell out of SIT... thankfully, ASEAN came and I left without waving goodbye to SIT. No offense to the people studying there, I think it's a good course, but I just don't fit the environment.

Now, NUS betrayed me and gave me Science. Ok, we all know that all Singaporean graduates will somehow get a job because well... it's Singapore. But will it be the job that you want? Did you accept the job because it's the only job available/the only job that has been offered to you and that you have to make a living? Or is it the job of your dreams?

"Take a professional course, that way you are franchised to do whatever you want" Says the president of the Malaysian Phamaceutical Society, Mr. John Chang. I'm surprised that he hasn't been conferred a Datuk.

Once again, I know what I will miss out if I drop out of Pharmacy and head to NUS/NTU thank you very much.

Growing fatigue over studies is not the primary reason for my emo-ness in KK. I think it's because of the university I'm in.

THAT'S RIGHT, YOU HEARD ME. I HATE IMU
If you are studying in IMU, boohoo sue me.

Perhaps I'm just putting too high an expectation to what university life would be. I mean, my girlfriend, who's in Kedah, isn't complaining... that often. Maybe I'm scared that I would miss out on a campus life.. one which NUS/NTU has to offer.

'Wait for Stracthlyte, you would love it there!'

BULLSHIT, you don't think I know what's gonna happen in Scotland? We're gonna be studying like a mad bitch cause it will be our final year. And due to financial constraint we'll be counting every pound that we spent. Of course I see Joanne Seow having fun there, touring around Europe (I wanna go Old Trafford even though I'm not a football fan).

I think after thinking so much, I have realised the primary reason to my ber-emoing:

:I DEFINITELY HATE
AND WILL NEVER REMEMBER IMU...

sue me, hate me if you want.


But nevetheless, I have made up my mind:

CK IS STAYING AT IMU
-the power of one blog entry-and no I haven't told anybody yet-

Warning: this decision might change an hour later, masih tengah ber-emoing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oih CIBAI.. wats up with u la!!! Emo EMO only.. snap out of it.. emo emo emo,is tat all u know wat to do? damn!!!

Sham Radio said...

is this the daryl that doesn't read blogs? OH my god! There is a revolution! Pigs are flying!

Pheromonic Pharmacist said...

i tot pharmacits get the chicks, not the medics? hehe

Well i hated IMU too. seriously wanted to leave every semester to do medicine in manipal...but then i got lazy to apply for the medic course then suddenly i was in scotland already...then i graduated already..
then now im stuck in tawau *tamadeh!*

1 year final in scotland i only studied 1 week b4 the finals =P

chill lah..quite easy..Masters in Pharmacy only mar :D